Tuesday, December 4, 2007

15mm DBA Dark Ages Armies for Trade

Next up on the trading block; my 15mm DBA stuff…

I’m working towards getting rid of all my 15mm stuff. Pretty much everything I have in 15mm I have the same damn stuff in at least one other scale. Most of it was bought because other people were playing with it and I, for the most part, never play with those people anymore. I also just don’t like painting it. I’m not saying “15mm sucks” or any such ridiculous statements – it’s clearly loved by many; quick to paint, easy to store and requires less play area for people with restricted space.

The writing’s been on the wall for some time. I’ve been holding on to these guys for a few years now and tried to force myself to paint them up from time to time – that should have raised some red flags, having to “force” oneself to do something that’s supposed to be FUN!? I’m never going to get around to painting them and I pretty much have all of these armies (or at least a start to most of these armies) in 28mm anyway… so it’s time to go!!

They are, for the most part, all are Dark Ages armies. I’d probably be willing to split these up into lots – but I’d be happier getting rid of the whole shebang in one go. If these are of interest to you see below for what I might be interested in for trade.

I’m sorry I don’t currently have my DBA rulebook so I’ve tried to describe what I have as best as possible. If you’re unsure about anything, post a comment! I will answer ASAP.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Army #1 – a Painted Viking Army (III/40a is what I have written on the bottoms of their bases). What it includes is: 1x4BD (General), 1x4Bd, 9x3Wb, 1x2Ps, and a stand of Camp Followers. The figures are mostly from Essex, though I think there might be a few Two Dragons in there and some of the Camp Followers might be from the Quartermaster…? What you see is what you get!


Army #2 – ANOTHER painted Viking army (III/40b). This one has: 1x4Bd (General), 11x4Bd, 2x3Bw, 1x3Wb, and Camp followers. Again Essex, Two Dragons, maybe others…?


Army #3 Generic Saxons of some sort ( I have both III/24a,b and II/73 written on the bottom…?). I think technically the figures are more suited to earlier Saxons… but if you’re not picky… This one has: 2x4Wb, 10x4Sp or 4Wb, 1x2Ps, Camp followers. I think these were mostly Chariot Miniatures, with maybe a few others mixed in…?


Army #4 Welsh – an Essex Army bag. Unpainted, obviously.


Army #5 Normans. It looks like this lot has: 12x3Kn, 1x2LH, 7x4Sp, 3x3Bw, 3x2Ps, 3x3Xbw. I think originally I had an old Essex bagged army for an earlier version of the rules. Then I thin the army changed drastically in the newer version – so I bought some more Essex stuff, and then some other stuff (Old Glory, and other of unidentifiable origins) to maybe make a second army, prehaps..?


Army #6 Irish…. Norse-Irish…? It looks like I have 2x4Bd, 10x3Ax, and 2LH? That’s it. Maybe the LH belongs with some other army, like I said I don’t have the book right now – it was in the drawer with the Irish, but that don’t mean it’s right! Primed.


Army #7 Scotts. Don’t ask me which one. It’s a bag o’ Old Glory Scotts of one variety or antheor that I as some point thought would make me a DBA Dark Age Scottish army… Not painted.


Army #8 Middle Anglo-Saxons? Anglo-Danish? I can’t remember. More Saxons anyhow! It looks like I have: 3x4Bd, 9x4Sp, 1x2Ps. I think there are mostly Essex and Irregular. Primed


Dark Ages (painted) odds and sods. Assorted Generic stands: 2xXbw, 3x2Ps, 2x3Ax, 1x2LH, a stand of Priests (maybe they should be the camp followers for the Irish…?) a stand of peasants, 3 individually mounted Vikings and a hot Viking Varrior Voman! I also have (in the background there) six pre-cut 80mmx80mm MDF bases for camps.

As I mentioned I’d prefer to trade the whole lot of them – and I would prefer to trade rather than sell – so go root through your pile of lead (or plastic) and see if you’ve got any of the stuff listed below in there that you, like me with these, are just never going to get around to painting and playing with. So, if you’re at all interested and got something good to trade post a comment with your email address – I won’t actually PUBLISH the comment…. It’s just a way of letting me know how to get in touch with you without having to publish my email address on this blog….

Here’s some of the stuff I’d potentially be interested in:

20mm

WW2 – I mostly need equipment for British/Canadians and Germans, maybe Italians or Russians. I could probably be talked into other things that I don’t have any of if you had enough of it for an entire force (or a good start to one)

Vietnam – I’ve got piles, but I could always use more – especially Australians, boats, tanks, mortars, guns and other equipment

Modern – My focus is sort of 80’s British, Russian, Canadians, French and Americans – I also have Afghans, forces for Lebanon in the 1980’s, and Argentines. If there was something else you had that was cool I could maybe be talked into it.

28mm

Dark Ages – Vikings, Saxons, Normans, etc, etc.

Other Ancients and Medievals…..?

ECW – whatever, anything…

SYW – British and French in North America

Victoriana – colonials, VSF, Victorian horror….

WW1/RCW – Anything really…

WW2 – (see what I mean about multiple scales…? I also have 15mm WW2 stuff – NO I DON’T WANT ANY MORE!!!) I have some British Commandos and Paras and some Germans and some North African stuff (DAK, more commandos/LRDG-types, French Foreign Legion)… so, whatever…

Vietnam – whatever…

Modern….

Fantasy… Sci-fi… Zombie/horror… (you can never have too many zombies…. well okay maybe you can…).

1 comment:

  1. WOOOOOOOSSSHHH!!!!

    Nevermind... these are SO gone...!

    ReplyDelete