Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ruined

I started this ruined building… oh… four years ago maybe… possibly five…? I was playing Mordheim at the time. Anyway, it’s been sitting in on my self in a half complete state for some time. Every so often I’d get it down and scratch a bit more brickwork into the carpenters filler that I had coated the base plywood with (yeah, back when I was still using scrap plywood…). It was a labourious effort but looks pretty damn good. Now I just have to make a dozen more or so to have a city block….

I think I’ll have to figure out a quicker easier method for the next one(s).

Matakishi’s Tea House has some GREAT articles on Making Things, I think I’m going to try and make some City Buildings (except I’d probably use MDF instead of the cork tile. Mostly just because I’ve never used cork tile, I’m familiar with MDF, and I imagine it might be a bit more durable… I can’t say I’ve ever even seen cork tile around here, but then again, I haven’t really been looking.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Here’s the building from a couple different angles with assorted 28mm figures for scale. I think a bunch of City buildings would be really handy they could be used for all sorts of games; for Mordhiem to pulp adventure to zombies or post-apocalypse…


An angry mob running past a ruined building after days of rioting.


“how many bullets you got left, sis?”

No comments:

Post a Comment