Thursday, June 10, 2010

More WW2 Canucks


Just to switch gears a little I decided to paint up a couple of my 28mm WW2 Canucks – staying with the general era – just switching fronts.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The Miniatures are mostly from Bolt Action Miniatures/Warlord Games except for the chap on the far right of the picture who is from West Wind Productions.

I painted them with the grey patch of 3rd Division - the ones that landed on D-Day. I’ve debated whether to paint a unit flash above it… Does that pidgeon hole me into using them only as members of that one battalion? Is it better to just leave the Grey patch? Should I have left the divisional patch off as well (so they could also be fielded as troops from any other Canadian formation…)? Or do a unit patch (which will be cool to point out whenever I happen to actually use them as that unit), but use them for whatever is required/desired because, honestly, NO ONE BUT ME will know the difference anyway!?


This figure is from a BTD “Resistance Casualties” pack.

Just… don’t ask… (it was an ebay thing….)

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Should be Germans, but there’ll probably be more Canadians as I’m having fun with them. Though I have actually got the GAZ and the Stug assembled and primed, so they’ll likely be finished up soon enough.

3 comments:

  1. Is that British Uniform Green from Vallejo?

    Or another?

    Excellent work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use cheap craft paints and just mix my own when I don't have one that's close enough....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the unforms on the Canucks. Stop tempting me to do some. I have too much to do.

    ReplyDelete