Friday, December 2, 2011

Zulu Dawn (of the Dead)


I was only sort of serious when, a couple posts back, I had alluded to painting some more stuff for the Zulu War… As I think I also mentioned earlier I had recently taken advantage of some deeply discounted packs at Black Tree Design - like 70% off – who can say no to that action… anyway it wasn’t entire lines it was just the occasional pack in assorted lines… so I went though their entire catalogue… all of it… to find all the 70% off packs, because, hey, at 70% off I can find all sorts of uses for all sorts of things, right? No I didn’t buy all the 70% off packs… but I did buy a few and, in the process came across this gem:

Zulu Dawn of the Dead

I’m not sure how they thought anyone interested in the pack would ever find it – it was on the bottom of the third page of the Harlequin Fantasy Undead line – which is all pretty much standard fantasy battle undead skeletons and stuff… No mention of it anywhere near their extensive Zulu War line… Perhaps they thought the Historical Puritans would be all offended and stuff…

Anyway I ordered FOUR packs (70% off remember!) so I could put together a whole unit of them (the standard unit size of my Zulu War units is 15).

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Zulu Dawn of the Dead

(the other eight were back ordered, but now on their way!)

If I had too much money and nothing better to do with my time, I’d totally buy piles of these – and some other zombie types and do some converting – and do a “what REALLY happened at Rorke’s Drift” scenario… (The Truth being so awful and outrageous that it was covered up and said to be a second group of Zulus that had broken off from the main army – not the RISEN DEAD FROM ISANDLWANA!!)

MWA-HA-HA-Ha-Ha-ha-ha-haaaaaa…..

I also got thinking they coudl totally be used in Rippers (Savage Worlds Victorian Horror game) or Space:1889 (players get sent out to remote region of Mars to discovery what happened to a lost patrol/comapny/etc...)

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Other things in red coats…

New sculpted figures

2 comments: