Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Assorted WW2 Stuff


Despite a pile of ancient and/or mythical Greek items continually haunting my workbench, I seem to be painting a few WW2 things these days.

Nuthin’ much, but here’s the latest…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These fellows are from Black Tree Design. They were listed as “SS Snipers” – which is what I’ve painted them as.

In terms of their uniform I don’t really see anything that specifically makes them “SS”. I could probably very easily have painted them in feldgrau and called them generic Germans and no one would have known. I have a small force of SS I’m putting together however – to oppose my Canadians in Normandy or British Paras in Arnhem… and they always make great “bad guys” in pulpy/Weird War Two games… and painting the camouflage is fun…


I also painted up an SS mortar team. The figures are from Artizan Designs.


These guys are identical figures to the SS team above, but I painted them as late war Heer in splinter pattern smacks with feldgrau trousers.



Yet another mortar team… and a machinegun team. These are Fallshirmjägers from Bolt Action Miniatures


Finally I painted up a regimental chaplain. I already have one that I painted up for my Canadians. I painted this one in British Khaki to offer spiritual support to my British Commandos and Paras… (North Star Figures was selling packs of this guy and the German Vampire for 50% off… how could I resist!?)


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Maybe some of those ancient and/or mythical Greek items: Hoplites… Amazons… Centaurs…

Or maybe some more WW2 stuff… Soviet Naval Infantry, most likely….

Or something else completely different… 

3 comments:

  1. How could anyone resist a German vampire?!?! Great purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I already have one that painted all (er...) "historically", I am tempted to paint it all in pink and purpley hues...

    ReplyDelete