Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Dire Boar, Henchmen, and Egyptians

A few items rolling off the workbench.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


Two henchmen for Song of Shadows and Dust I converted from a couple of Dark Age Old Glory miniatures.


The Dire Boar… which I think was from Wizards of the Coast’s Chainmail line…?

He’s a big beastie:


Here he is with the hanchmen – just for a little perspective.

I’ve had the mini for a few years but quickly painted him up last night as I suddenly  have an immediate use for him in a RPG/tabletop adventure I have planned for the kids…



A Carpet Dealer from a Mega Miniatures pack (Sultans' Harem...?) that will go nicely with the Carpet Seller's stall I painted a few weeks back


Egyptians Spearmen from Wargames Foundry  for a  Hordes of the Things/DBA (New Kingdom-ish) Egyptian army.


The rest of the army so far…


A pair of Black Tree Design Dark Age figures. These have been sitting on my workbench, finished, for some time now waiting for me to finish a couple more Dark Ages guys for me to take pictures of them with... but that's not likely to happen any time soon, so I thought I'd just add them to this post and tuck them away in the appropriate storage box.


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

More games... More painting...? I've been slowing on the 23 figures per week schedule... and while I had been planning to finish the Egyptian and Nubian DBA armies over the next few weeks, I have a feeling Greek and Roman subjects are likely going to take over for a bit... 

4 comments:

  1. Really admiring your work on the Egyptians. What are you using for skin tone? I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan! I think for most of these egyptians I've been using Decorart Americana "Milk Chocolate"...? Sometimes I add in a bit of a lighter shade to give a bit of variation.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Your Egyptians are really stunning!! Congrats...

    ReplyDelete