This weekend my folks are moving into a new condo and I've been trying to help them with that.
I DID manage to finish off this model of the Lost In Space Robot for my friend Rick. It's been sitting on the periphery of my workbench half built for an embarrassingly LONG time... and before that it sat in it's box unopened for an even more embarrassingly, LONGER time... but now it's done.
Pictured here on the workbench - last bit of varnish drying this morning. I'd planned to take a few more (better lit) shots... but I may or may not get to that. It's pretty HUGE - those are all 28mm models in the background.
The torso can rotate and I drilled through the bottom to put a little blinking red light in.
He actually gave me FOUR of these to assemble and paint... I don't even want to think how long ago it was... I mean it was almost THREE YEARS AGO that I finished up The Mummy and at THAT point I'd already had them a year or two.
I'd like to get the other two done this summer when I'm not so busy, but I know better than to make any promises at this point.
This is why I should NEVER accept commissions...
Next up I should have a brief post about the gaming we did in June - which wasnt' very much. Hopefully July will be better!