Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Jet Bikes! Astropolis II! RPGaDay!

I have no pictures of the Astropolis II stuff - it just arrived yesterday and I'm pretty excited and so I just had to mention that...

I did finally finish up another Jet Bike!



This bike was assembled from parts I acquired from the Ramshackle Games Jet Bike Construction Kit Kickstarter.



Back end.



I'd actually been trying to paint from memory - having looked at the source material a few days before and was horrified when I went to double check... something... and realized I'd done the striping  all wrong!? GAH!?I'd spent so much time painting all that red and white checking I had to take a picture of it before I painted it all over with black...

I've been slacking off on posting my RPGaDay answers on the blog here (they do go up daily on a Facebook gaming group I run)...


RPGaDay 2017 Question #21
WHICH RPG DOES THE MOST WITH THE LEAST WORDS?
I don't know... Savage Worlds? Maybe?


RPGaDay 2017 Question #22. 
WHICH RPGs ARE THE EASIEST FOR YOU TO RUN?
I have found simple games that are light on rules the easiest for me to run. Savage Worlds was great for this. I’m trying to move to even simpler rules.


RPGaDay 2017 Question #23
WHICH RPG HAS THE MOST JAW-DROPPING LAYOUT?
Meh. 
I don't actually care for all the full colour, hard cover books the industry is cranking out these days. I'm not really concerned if the layout looks nice - I'm more concerned about being able to find things I want to look up quickly!







11 comments:

  1. The jetbike looks great! I like the color scheme.

    I agree with you about flashy game books. While I do like a rule book that is graphically pleasing and laid out well, the rules themselves have to be good and organized well for finding things. A good index and a good summary are important, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking bike, I thought the red and white checks were great too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain!

      Yeah, it looked okay.... but it was WRONG! I've been trying to use paint schemes from iconic vehicles from TV and film and the inspiration/source material for this one had yellow and black striping!

      Delete
  4. Love these jet bikes - great stuff!

    ReplyDelete